Sunday, November 2, 2008

Football Sunday 11/2 Food

The Pack is back playing this week after their bye week.

Dinner today will be Comfort Food.

1 rope low fat kielbasa or polish sausage cut in chunks
4-5 red potatoes sliced
1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup

Heat all this together until potatoes are tender. mmmmmm It's cold today, so this will be stick to our ribs good warm food. You can make it even lower in calories, fat and points by using turkey kielbasa. I only had the low fat in the freezer.

In the Little Dipper I have a pizza dip warming up.

8 oz fat free cream cheese brick
12 sliced of turkey pepperoni cut in pieces
1 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup fat free shredded mozzerella

It's amazing how low this dip is. 2 points! I have pretzel chips for me to dip in it and bread sticks for P.

My big batch cooking for today is just going to be Mashed Cauliflower. I've been switching back and forth from this and the zero point soup for lunches.

1 head cauliflower
3 wedges of garlic and herb Laughing Cow cheese

I may also experiment with a cookie recipe today too. I need to find some yummy low point cookies for the holidays.

Pumpkin Mookies

1 can pumpkin puree
spice cake mix
1/4 cup water

Mix together and drop by the spoonful on cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 5-8 minutes. (Depends on size)

Edited in the evening to say. mmmmmm The Mookies were very good, I added raisins. mmmmmm The pizza dip was very good and disappeared fast, even DD ate some.

No comments: