Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kale Chips?

1 bunch kale, washed throughly and dried
About 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste, use gourmet flavored salt if you like

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Slice the tough ribs from the center of the kale leaves, and slice each kale leaf in half (or to your preferred size).  In a large bowl, toss kale with olive oil and salt until well coated.  Add salt to taste, but beware of adding too much!

Spread the kale on a baking sheet lined with with parchment, and bake for about 10 minutes.  Check the kale and see if it is crispy, it can burn easily!  If it is not done yet, toss the kale on the sheet to mix, and bake for another 3-5 minutes.  

I wonder how they store, or do you have to cook and eat.  Checking to see if I can bring them for lunch.

2 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Someone posted these on OTCC and I'd been wanting to try them for over a year, so I dove in. Seems like everyone has been raving about them. Me? I don't care for kale normally, and I didn't care for the aftertaste doing it this way, either. I regretted eating them about fifteen minutes after I started. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth.

Breezy said...

Ack. I bought a big bunch to make chips with.