Sunday, January 4, 2009

Play Offs Football Food

Even though my team isn't in the play offs, I'm still watching.

Saturday we had cheese sausage balls. They were ok. P says they need a kick of peppers next time.

Sausage-Cheese Balls
3 cup(s) Bisquick Reduced-Fat Baking Mix
1 pound(s) raw turkey sausage
4 cup(s) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup(s) 1% low-fat milk
1/2 tsp McCormick Rosemary leaves
1 1/2 tsp McCormick Parsley flakes

Instructions
Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease jelly roll pan. Mix all together, shape into 1 inch balls. Place in pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes 100

So next time I make them, I'll add chopped jalepeno.

This morning we had breakfast waiting for us when we woke up.

Overnight Sausage and Potato Breakfast
1 yellow onion- chopped
bunch of red potatoes- chopped
1 package turkey breakfast sausage links

Before going to bed mix chopped onion and potatoes with 1 TB of oil in crockpot, top with sausage links and season with salt and pepper. Cook on low 8 hours.

What's not to like? Meat and potato breakfast. LOL

Today I'm making a Core meal to have for lunches this week.

Core Mix
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn drained
1 can stewed tomatoes drained and cut up
1 bag brown rice, cooked (not sure what a bag means, I'll be using the bulgur to try)
1/2 lb low fat burger (I'll be using venison burger)

Brown meat(or go meatless), then add the cans of veggies, stir in rice at the end. Can add salsa or cheese if you want (but watch the cheese, cheese isn't Core).

ETA: 1 cup rice or bulgur will do. mmmmmm bulgur, I like it. Also like this mix. Very yummy. I seasoned the venison with taco seasoning. *burp* Extremely filling!

No comments: